Monday 19 June 2017

Life: COOKING

My eyes are still burning from the onions's chemical irritant when I'm writing this blog. Rest in pepperoni (aka rest is peace, quote by Obsidis). 

*crap doodles here*

For today's lunch, I'm having spaghetti and my mom insisted on me helping her so I did. I diced
garlic, red onions, big onions and chopped eggplants. The moment I saw my mom handling over 2 eggplants for me, I'm like 'What??'. I thought we were having spaghetti?? My mom then answered me 
'In an Asian way.' with a straight face. She even gave her 'logical' reasoning. In Chinese, a tomato is called 番茄(fan-qie) while an eggplant is 茄子(qie-zhi). Since both of them have  the word 茄(qie) in them, she considered them as the replacement for tomatoes (we did not have enough) to put inside our spaghetti. Wow, mom. Wow. Now I'm wondering if  my family is the only one that doesn't follow the recipe and cook the way they want. 

*ARGH I totally missed carbonara*

KIRA-KIRA BOOM!!

Picture sources:



No comments:

Post a Comment