Monday 30 January 2017

Life: Chinese New Year

Hello
It's me.
I was wondering
If I could skip school
They all said 6 days were not enough
And I ain't finishing any of my homework
Nope
Just no

I apologize for the poem above......but is that even one??
*THIS IS MINE*

Translation

-福 Fortune
-年年有余 Abundance every year
-心想事成 All your wishes come true
-恭喜发财 Gong Xi Fa Chai, literally means 'may you be happy and prosperous'
-万事如意 May everything goes the way you expected
-鸡年快乐 Happy Year of the Rooster

Chinese New Year......for me was overall pretty smooth this year excluding the fact that the holidays are pitifully short. I'd eat a lot, drink Cola, laze around, and brace myself for the school arc. to haunt me. But I haven't get the chance to savor the honeycombs, what a pity.

My uncles' visit immediately turned my house into a chocolate store, which they did every time and that is exactly what I wished for. I came from a family based off 'healthy and organic life' taboo, even though we are starting to get junk food more often, but I still rarely got the opportunity to have chocolates. Well, excluding the fact that my friends, including Obsidis, wouldn't mind share a piece from their chocolate storage for me. If I'm not mistaken, my family got 2 packs (or boxes? I don't know) of Ferrero Rocher. Man that really was a huge blessing for us kids.
*This*
There's a thing that I stress about Chinese New Year, that is fireworks. I can't seem to have a liking for those shiny flickers accompanied with the ultrasonic booming sound which can potentially burn my eardrums to ashes. In Malaysia, even though it's kind of illegal to set off fireworks, they still do it anyway. Especially on the first day of CNY, they'll set off a ton of fireworks and firecrackers, TOGETHER, IN ONE GO, NONSTOP. FOR 15 MINUTES.(depends on which area you're living), ON MIDNIGHT . Those bing, bang, bong continuances were like a sight of upside down diarrhea with glitter. Although most of my friends are enjoying those fireworks display because they were counting down along with the tv CNY special shows, I fully despise them on the maximum point. I'm that typical kind of person who does NOT like noises disturbing me when I'm asleep, those 15-minute firework session was like 15 centuries of hell on earth for me.

*UURRGGHHHHH*
That's all for now, see you again on the next post!

Kira-kira boom!!!

Picture resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment